Describe a prize you would like to win. You should say:
- what prize (or award) it is (or, would be)
- how you know about (or learned about) this prize/award
- what you would need to do to get it (or, how you would win it)
- and explain why you would like to win this prize (or, receive this award)
The prize I want to get is from a quiz show called “Who is the millionaire?”. You should know what it’s like because the format is very popular all around the world.
It is roughly like this, contestants have to answer in total 15 questions that get harder over time. For every answer that you get right, you’ll be awarded an amount of money. Apparently if you’re not sure about one particular question, you can always stop the game and go home with the money. But if you’re feeling adventurous you can just go with your instinct. And there’s always three “aids” you can use, for example you can call your friends for help, or choose to have half of the options eliminated.
Winning the first prize, which means nailing all 15 questions, is what I’m aiming for. The game requires you to know a bit of everything, so I’m reading up on areas that I’m not interested in or familiar with. I’m also looking for people who I can call for help during the program. I think I’m going for a game next month.
- Is it good to have competition?
- Do you think it’s good to award prizes in school and/university?
- Do you think companies should give their employees prizes?